Villa Della Porta Bozzolo and Rocca d’Angera
Historic mansions on the Lomdard shores of Lake Maggiore
Special group offer
Rocca Borromeo in Angera: arrival by bus in the morning ( !!!! NB. maximum bus length 12 meters) it the Rocca Borromeo, which rises in all its grandure on a limestone rock, dominating the southern part of Lake Maggiore. Situated in a strategic position for controlling the commercial traffic towards Milan and for defense against the invasion of the people across the Alps, it was first owned by the Visconti family and then bought by the Borromeo family, who are the current owners of the fortress. Guided visit of the historical halls, of the Majolica collections and of the Museum of Dolls and Toys and of the Medieval Garden, whose realisation was initiated after a thorough study of the illuminated manuscripts and antique documents and is aimed at a reconstruction of a real Medieval garden.
Lunch: At the end of the visit you proceed by bus to Casalzuigno, for lunch at the restaurant of the Villa Della Porta Bozzolo “La Cucina di Casa” or possibility to order a packed lunch from the kitchen to enjoy in the surrounding park.
Villa Della Porta Bozzolo: in early afternoon guided visit of the Villa Della Porta Bozzolo. The delightful country residence in Rococo style a few kilometers from Lago Maggiore was donated in 1989 to the FAI Italian Environmental Fund which makes all the refurbishments and opens the VIlla to the public. At the end of the visit, reassembly at the bus and return home.
VisitBozzolo and Rocca Angera a pass that includes the following services:
• Full day guiding service with local guide at Rocca di Angera and Villa Della Porta Bozzolo
• Entrance ticket for the Rocca Borromeo
• Entrance to the Villa Della Porta Bozzolo
• Entrance to the Villa’s garden and farm houses
• 10% discount on purchases in the Bookshop of Villa Della Porta Bozzolo
The rate does NOT include:
• Typical lunch (first course, main course, dessert, ½ water, ¼ wine, coffee) at the restaurant “La Cucina di Casa” (situated inside the Villa). Seasonal menu to be decided directly by the group leader with the restaurant manager.
Prices strating from € 19,50 per person
• Packed lunch proposed by “La Cucina di Casa”.
> Express Sandwich Basket + 1 dessert + water + coffee
> Deluxe Basket (possibility to decide upon a menu of choice with ceramic plates, glasses and blanket)
Price upon request based on the menu
• All which is not stated under “includes the following services”
Full: 34,00 Euro per person
Reduced: 28,00 Euro per person (Members of FAI)
Gratuity: 1 every 25 paying participants
For info and reservations: click here