A Sunday in the mountains – Lake Maggiore
A Sunday in the mountains at Lake Maggiore
Each Sunday from 1st April to 28th October 2012
Think about a wonderful sunny day… you will feel like to visit mountains and lake! It could be that your children at school are studiing the wood and after a whole week passed in the office you really need to breath fresh air and to do something new and different that could involved all your family, also your lazy husband…
There is a place where you can do all this! It is the Mottarone, as known also as the “two lakes mountain”, because from its peack you can admire a breathtaking view of Lake Maggiore and the romanticOrtaLake.
At 10 o’clock a.m. the meeting-point is at the cable car-departure in Carciano of Stresa.
The naturalistic guide will spend with you all the day: she will bring you on fantastic panoramic paths to reach the peack, giving you all the information conserning history, geology, nature, flora, fauna and heritage… It will be like a chat among friends, of course she will be glad to show you the beauties of the territory in which she lives!
By cable car you reach the Alpino station, where you get off and visit the botanical garden “Apinia”, then always by cable car you reach the Mottarone peack. Still a short walk and finally lunch-time! A typical mountain-lunch with local products such asOssolaValleycold cuts, “polenta” with meat and game, a good dessert and a light local wine is waiting for you…
During the aftrenoon:
- our “friend”, the guide, will walk with you up to the peack: an easy panoramic trekking of 2 hours.
- but if you prefer the “sweet doing nothing” you can also lay on the sunbed, your children can play and enjoy themselves with the different attractions! You can also stay on your own and meet again the guide at 5 p.m. in front of the cable car-departure to go down, direction lake…
- When: on Sundays from 1th April to 28th October 2012
- Where: at 10 o’clock a.m., meeting-point at the Mottarone cable car-departure in Carciano of Stresa,Lake Maggiore
- What you may need: nothing! If you want a camera, hiking boots and a lot of good mood!
- Lunch: at the peack
- Return: at 5 p.m., meeting-point at the Mottarone cable car-departure, at the Mottarone peack
- Price: adults 60,00 € per person – children 27,00 € per person
- Included in the price: return ticket of the cable-car Mottarone, guide, lunch, insurance AMI
The excursion must be reserved within the previous Monday and there will be only with 10 adult-reservations.
For information and reservations please click here